Patron Saints for 2019 – the Draw

Patron Saints for 2019 – the Draw


Every year on January 1st, in the convents of the Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy, a drawing of annual patron Saints takes place. The Diary tells us how important this was for St. Faustina. Her desire was to be accompanied and supported by Someone from Heaven on all her days of the new year.
In the morning during meditation, she wrote, there arose within me a secret desire that the Eucharistic Jesus be my special Patron for this year also, as in the past. But, hiding this desire from my Beloved, I spoke to Him about everything else but that. When we came to refectory for breakfast, we blessed ourselves and began drawing our patrons. When I approached the holy cards on which the names of the patrons were written, without hesitation I took one, but I didn’t read the name immediately as I wanted to mortify myself for a few minutes. Suddenly, I heard a voice in my soul: “I am your patron”. Read. I looked at once at the inscription and read, “Patron for the Year 1935-the Most Blessed Eucharist.” My heart leapt with joy (Diary, 360).
With a patron Saint, each sister receives a prayerful intention and a message. Those involved in the draw also include priests, cooperators, members and volunteers of the “Faustinum” association, friends and members of the group “Sanktuarium Bożego Miłosierdzia” on Facebook. From January 1, 20017, also visitors at Faustina.pl can participate in the draw.

May the Patron Saints aid us, may they help us more and more fully; participate in the life and mission of Jesus; revealing the merciful love of God to the world!

Who will be your patron saint this year?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 12 Promises of the Sacred Heart Devotion

A Catholic Perspective on Why Pride Month (lgbtqxyz) is Problematic